An expose of an expatriate in China.

Sunday, October 30, 2011

Time Flies

Yikes! Has it really been 10 days since I last posted? Where does the time go? Same story, new location. We have been so busy here this last week getting ready for Halloween. The kids had a halloween carnival at school on Friday evening and we had trick-or-treating & a block party on Saturday. Trying to get more than just our daily tasks done was a challenge here in our new country. I'm happy to say that we made it through! No blogging, though. Sorry about that.

While I'm here, I just want to get something off my chest. I think about this blog a lot, even if that's not reflected in my frequency of posts. I actually have a list of topics that I need to write about (including some with - brace yourselves - pictures) and a couple of posts drafted but not completed yet. Here's what I need to tell you - I'm writing this blog for two reasons:

1. As a record of our thoughts & experiences on an international assignment
2. To give everyone at home a little insight into our lives

I've had to have a little talk with myself recently about keeping this blog up-to-date. The conclusions that came from this one-sided discussion are as follows:

1. I like to write and try to be eloquent and clever, but it doesn't always work out.
2. It may sound like I'm complaining, but I hope my adoring public will realize that what I really want is an honest record of my feelings while we are here. Some of those are bound to be complaints. Some will just be facts (that may sound like complaints based on their proximity to the actual complaints). Still others will be great things that are happening for us.

I hope that all of you can take the bad with the good & enjoy my blog for what it is. Thanks for being here with me.

3 comments:

  1. Yea! Looking forward to pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it's a great idea to keep a record/journal. You won't remember all these details down the road and you'll cherish reading it. Even the complaints. And I'm with Wendy - yay for pictures to come!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beth- don't worry! All that you share will be both interesting and of interest to your friends. I for one am really interested in your adventures.

    ReplyDelete